Are you considering a body contouring procedure to achieve your aesthetic goals? Liposuction has long been a popular choice for removing stubborn fat deposits, but technological advancements have introduced procedures such as BodyTite and FaceTite, which offer additional aesthetic benefits.
This blog post will compare BodyTite/FaceTite and liposuction to help you make an informed choice.
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction removes excess fat deposits from specific areas of the body. During the procedure, a plastic surgeon makes small incisions in the target area and inserts a thin tube called a cannula. The cannula is connected to a suction device that removes unwanted fat cells, contouring and reshaping the body. Liposuction can be performed on body areas, including the abdomen, thighs, hips, arms, and chin.
What Is BodyTite?
BodyTite combines radiofrequency-assisted lipolysis (RFAL) with liposuction to provide superior body contouring and skin tightening results. The procedure uses an external electrode and an internal probe to deliver radiofrequency energy, simultaneously melting the fat cells and tightening the skin.
What Is FaceTite?
FaceTite is specifically designed for the face and neck, using the same RFAL technology to address areas like jowls, double chin, and sagging skin.
What Are the Advantages of BodyTite and FaceTite Over Liposuction?
In addition to being gentler and less invasive than liposuction, BodyTite and FaceTite offer several advantages over liposuction:
Superior Skin Tightening
- In addition to removing unwanted fat, BodyTite and FaceTite contract and tighten the skin.
- RFAL technology stimulates collagen production, improving skin tightness and firmness and providing a more sculpted and youthful appearance.
- The skin tightening effects continue to improve over several months as collagen production increases.
Reduced Downtime and Faster Recovery
- Patients typically experience less discomfort and a quicker recovery than with traditional liposuction.
- Most patients can resume their normal activities within a few days to a week after the procedure.
How Are BodyTite And FaceTite Performed?
Here’s an overview of how BodyTite and FaceTite are performed:
- Local anesthesia is administered to keep you comfortable throughout the procedure.
- The surgeon makes an incision in the target area, typically less than 1cm long, and strategically placed to minimize scarring. A thin cannula is inserted through the incision.
- Once the cannula is positioned, radiofrequency energy is delivered. The internal electrode emits energy directly to the underlying fat deposits, while the external electrode acts as a grounding pad.
- The radiofrequency energy heats the targeted fat cells, causing them to liquefy. Simultaneously, the heat tightens the surrounding tissues, promoting skin contraction. The liquefied fat is then gently suctioned out using a specialized suction device.
- After the fat removal and skin tightening process is complete, the incision is closed using sutures or adhesive strips.
Compared to liposuction, BodyTite and FaceTite procedures typically require fewer incisions, less procedure time, and only local anesthesia.
What Is the Recovery Like After BodyTite?
In general, BodyTite and FaceTite procedures offer an easier recovery than lipo. Here’s what you can expect during the recovery period:
Downtime: You may be able to resume light activities within a day or two after the procedure. However, avoiding strenuous exercise and heavy lifting for a few weeks is important.
Discomfort and pain management: Some swelling, bruising, and soreness are common after BodyTite. However, these symptoms are typically mild and manageable. Your surgeon may prescribe pain medication or recommend over-the-counter pain relievers to help alleviate any discomfort during the initial recovery phase.
Compression garments: Your surgeon will typically recommend compression or special supportive garments to help minimize swelling, support the newly contoured areas, and aid in healing.
Follow-up appointments: Your surgeon will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your progress, assess healing, and remove any sutures if necessary.
Am I a Good Candidate for BodyTite or FaceTite?
You may be a good candidate for BodyTite or FaceTite if:
- You have localized areas of excess fat that are resistant to diet and exercise.
- You’re in good overall health, with no underlying medical conditions that may interfere with the procedure or recovery.
- You have realistic expectations about the procedure’s outcome and understand it is not a substitute for weight loss or a healthy lifestyle.
- You’re committed to maintaining a stable weight after the procedure to ensure long-lasting results.
An experienced plastic surgeon can evaluate your needs, assess your medical history, and discuss your goals to create a personalized treatment plan.
How Much Does BodyTite Cost?
The cost of BodyTite can vary depending on various factors, including the extent of the treatment area, the surgeon’s expertise, and any additional procedures performed alongside the procedure. Average treatment costs in the Staten Island, NY, area can vary anywhere from $4,000 to $7,000 per area.
During your consultation, my staff and I will provide a detailed breakdown of costs and discuss financing options.
Schedule a Consultation
Take the first step towards a more contoured and confident you. If you’d like to speak with a board-certified plastic surgeon about what BodyTite or FaceTite can do for you, call our Staten Island, NY, office today at (718) 720-9400 or request a consultation using the online form.