While some men proudly embrace the “dad bod” trend, others aren’t so thrilled about the way they look as they get older. I frequently meet with men interested in exploring body contouring options, from a tummy tuck to BodyTite. Men from Brooklyn, Staten Island, and surrounding communities have plenty of options for achieving trimmer, healthier-looking figures that look as strong and vital on the outside as these men feel on the inside.
This blog post will discuss concerns commonly associated with the “dad bod” and explain a few ways you can treat each of them.
Stubborn fat can hang around despite the most dedicated diet and exercise efforts. Often located in areas such as the flanks, back, and abdomen, these frustrating fat deposits can hide hard work you’ve already put in at the gym and obstruct a trim and svelte silhouette.
Options for slimming these deposits include:
- BodyTite: This contouring treatment is less invasive than traditional liposuction but still offers considerable sculpting. The procedure uses radiofrequency energy to loosen fat, which is then suctioned out of the body. It includes the added benefit of skin tightening via new collagen production.
- Traditional Liposuction: Although more involved than BodyTite, this fat removal surgery allows for the reduction of a slightly larger volume of fat. It’s a strong option if you have more significant deposits you’d like to eliminate.
- CoolSculpting®: A nonsurgical body contouring alternative, CoolSculpting destroys fat cells with controlled cooling, offering less recovery time but more modest improvements. Learn more about how CoolSculpting compares to BodyTite in my previous blog post.
Often caused by significant weight loss or aging, stretched skin can draw attention away from your shape and keep you from feeling as confident as possible at the beach or the pool.
Options for tightening loose skin include:
- BodyTite: The radiofrequency energy used in the procedure stimulates collagen production to tighten skin. However, this option is usually best if you also have excess fat you’re looking to reduce.
- Tummy Tuck: This popular surgical procedure removes loose, stretched skin on the abdomen to tighten the area and reveal underlying muscle tone.
- Body Lift: If you’re looking to tighten skin on multiple areas of your body, you may benefit more from a body lift procedure. This is typically the best option for those who have experienced significant weight loss.
Wrinkles & Signs of Aging
A “dad bod” isn’t just about the bod; it’s about the face, too. Volume loss, sun damage, laxity, and gravity all contribute to the development of wrinkles over time. This causes many men to feel like their reflections don’t really match how they feel inside.
Options for rejuvenating the face include:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: This highly popular injectable treatment relaxes muscles to smooth dynamic wrinkles such as frown lines, forehead lines, and crow’s feet. It requires little to no recovery time and provides subtle anti-aging results.
- Dermal Fillers: These injectables replace lost volume under the skin to enhance contours and fill in deep lines and folds in the face.
Curious about what results you can expect from these procedures? Explore our before-and-after photo gallery.
If you would like to learn more about your body contouring options in the Staten Island area, please contact us online or call (718) 720-9400.