Curious about what you can expect at your first breast augmentation consultation with a plastic surgeon in the Brooklyn area? Your consultation is the beginning of your plastic surgery journey and sets the stage for an empowering and rewarding experience. It’s your opportunity to ask questions, express your desires, and plan for a procedure you feel confident and excited about.
Read on to learn more about what you can expect at your initial meeting with your plastic surgeon.
What to Ask at a Breast Augmentation Consultation
Your breast augmentation consultation is your opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the procedure, the recovery, and your expected results. A few questions you may consider asking include:
- What are your credentials as a plastic surgeon? Look for a board-certified plastic surgeon who is a member of professional societies such as The Aesthetic Society and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- What are the risks of breast augmentation? Your surgeon will walk you through potential complications and discuss how he or she will keep your risk of each as low as possible.
- How long is breast augmentation recovery? It’s important to understand your expected timeline for returning to work, exercise, and other activities after surgery.
- What are your implant size/placement/material recommendations? Breast augmentation is highly customizable. During your consultation, you and your surgeon will discuss each of your options in depth to make sure your expected result is exactly what you’re looking for.
Feel free to ask any other questions you may have. It’s helpful to write down a list of questions before your consultation to make sure you get all the answers you need during your appointment.
What to Bring to a Breast Augmentation Consultation
Along with your prepared list of questions, you may want to bring:
- Your favorite before-and-after cases or reference photos
- Easy-to-remove clothes
- Your schedule or calendar
- Personal health info
In most cases, you can bring along a trusted friend or family member for support; however, this may be discouraged when social distancing measures are in place. Call ahead to learn about your surgeon’s requirements.
What to Know Before a Breast Augmentation Consultation
While you’ll have the opportunity to ask anything at your consultation, most women find it empowering to do some basic research before coming in so they have a better idea of what to ask. You can start by reading about implant options, risks, recovery time, candidacy, and more in The Aesthetic Society’s helpful breast augmentation guide.
What to Expect at a Breast Augmentation Consultation
During your breast augmentation consultation, you can expect a thorough discussion of your cosmetic goals and health standing to determine candidacy. Your surgeon will conduct a physical exam of your body and may use an imaging software (we use Crisalix) to help you visualize your expected results.
Depending on your goals, your surgeon may also suggest alternative or additional procedures, such as a breast lift, that may be beneficial to you. Learn more about why many women choose to combine their breast augmentation with a breast lift in this previous blog post.
Cost of a Breast Augmentation Consultation
Breast augmentation consultations are complimentary at my practice, but they may vary between $100 and $300 with other plastic surgeons.
See examples of the results you can expect after a breast augmentation in our before-and-after photo gallery.
If you would like to learn more about breast augmentation surgery here in the Brooklyn area, please contact us online or call my practice at (718) 720-9400. I look forward to speaking with you.